Ford Aerostar White Coolant Residue

Page 2 of 2

radiator

and

milk

checked

no

Thanks, I wish it had been, but it was only driven a couple of miles on a clean road and the coating is also inside the top of the radiator neck as well.
On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 10:51:35 -0700, "Guv Bob"

Check the Ph of your coolant - could be too high (alkaline) which will scale up the rad.
Folks I don't mean to come off as a moderator but there is this newsgroup c alled rec.autos.tech .
Let's try to move the automotive issues over there and keep alt.home.repair about, uhhh, home repair!(replacement windows, rocking toilets, that myste rious smell in the basement, why does my $1500 stainless steel refrigerator with built in TV and coffee maker make a sound like a B-17 bomber engine?? ) ;)
Folks I don't mean to come off as a moderator but there is this newsgroup called rec.autos.tech .

alt.home.repair about, uhhh, home repair!(replacement windows, rocking toilets, that mysterious smell in the basement, why does my $1500 stainless steel refrigerator with built in TV and coffee maker make a sound like a B-17 bomber engine??) ;)
You mean there's something wrong with a B-17 coffee maker? LOL!!
THANKS for the info about rec.autos.tech! I'm heading over there now! The other auto groups are the first ones I try, but they are sporadic with replies, and the folks here seem to be generally handy mechanics also. I've gotten a lot more from this one in general, but definitely understand your idea.
Another good one for practical handyman info is rec.crafts.metalworking.