Flush toilet causes the security light to go out

My lights dim when the AC comes on. I called the power company out to check the connections. He checked the meter and I checked the panel.
He told me a story about a service call that was interesting. He said he went to the call and the customer said when they flushed the toilet that his security light went out.
The problem was found to be the well pump was causing enough drop that his HID security light would go out.
Pretty funny story that I am sure has been told more than once, but I wanted to hear it again.
Terry wrote:

My pump was diagnosed as failing a couple of months ago because it was shutting down with heavy use and drawing double its operating current. I can believe this. During power failures when using backup generator lights would dim when pump came on.
Frank

as a child our doorbell would ring just about any time:(
I was perhaps 12 and finally found the cause:)
When the hot water tanks gas valve turned on the gas line on the other side of the basement would move just enough to act as a switch short and ring the bell.
When your 12 finding and fixing that was a big deal. Made more so by being wakened at odd hours by ding dong.........
It was just my mom, grandma and myself so I learned to be a repair person. we were really broke, so once something quit it rarely got replaced.
This led me to repairing stuff. I graduated high school in 1975 got a job fixing office machines and have been doing it ever since.
I enjoy seeing happy people when I get their machine working........