Flourescent bulb changing tips.

Having retired into the job of business manager in SWMBO's practice makes me the only male in an office of about a dozen ladies. That has its benefits and hardships, one of the latter being that I'm the guy the others come to when one of the quad 40W flourescent lighting "pan" fixtures needs a bulb changed.
After having done that job enough times to make me hate it, I devised a couple of tricks which do make the job go easier for me, viz.:
A. I use a marking pen to make a short line on the glass at each end of the bulbs adjacent to one of the end pins. That cuts down on the fiddling required to orient the bulb so that the pins are at the top center when starting the bulb pins into the sockets.
B. I put a thin wipe of white grease on all four pins. That makes rotating the bulb into place much easier, I don't have to twist it so hard that I feel I'm close to bending a pin or snapping off part of a socket. And no, I've never noticed any electrical contact problems because of greasing the bulb pins.
YMMV, but those two tricks work for me.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Thanks for the tips. Here's one you can use:
Have the ladies climb the ladder while you steady it from below.
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Good points. Dielectric grease would be better, but your recommendation should work.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
the view from above can have advantages:)
Aerial observations:):) of 2 nice locations.......