Florida Plastic film windows

I have a Florida room that has several plastic film type windows tha
are mounted in aluminum frames. Several have to be replace. each window is 52x20,I brought the plastic film (dark) and the spline. Now Ive done screened windows before but this plactic is very difficul to work with,I keep getting wrinkles on the film here and there. I tried to do the longest sides first(52) then finish with the 20 sides....still wrinkles. Im using a large plastic wheel to insert the spline into the grooves. Is there some trick to getting all this right??
-- daveyjone ----------------------------------------------------------------------- daveyjones's Profile: http://homerepairforums.org/forums/member.php?userid=4 View this thread: http://homerepairforums.org/forums/showthread.php?tt42 This post was submitted via http://www.HomeRepairForums.or
Use a hammer and chisel and Krazey Glue, or liquid nails. Why didnt you get the red and Blue window film. If you need dark cut up a bunch of 55 gallon trash bags, pull tight , no wrinkles

Try working from the center of each side out. I would do the long side centers first, then short side centers. Now that you have the "+" pattern, start working on the upper portions of the long sides. Stay in sync on each side. (don't do all of one side, then all of the other.) once you are most of the way to the top, un/redo the short side center and work your way out to the corners along that end.
Repeat for the bottom.
I did this for the spline based winter window film and had good luck with it.
Good luck, I hope you have good results!
--
be safe.
flip
-- daveyjone ----------------------------------------------------------------------- daveyjones's Profile: http://homerepairforums.org/forums/member.php?userid=4 View this thread: http://homerepairforums.org/forums/showthread.php?tt42 This post was submitted via http://www.HomeRepairForums.or
replying to daveyjones, david wrote:

I have been searching everywhere for the products to repair my windows and have found nothing. Do you remember where you purchased the plastic?
On 1/11/2014 2:45 PM, david wrote:

I bought some of this film at Lowes. It has the reflective coating that, like windows, should keep heat in and cold out and reverse. Also found it very difficult to apply to glass without crease and bubbles but where I have it, window panes along door with gauze curtain, it does not look bad. It also appears to work as intended, i.e. area is not as cold in winter or as hot in summer.
Plastic sheets can also be purchased and cut to fit window frames. I did this for a basement window accidentally broken by kids kicking balls in the yard.
replying to Frank , david wrote:

Thank you for your response. The type I am talking about does not apply to glass, but is in fact in the frame as a window and there is no glass. It goes on with a spline like screen.