Florida Building Code - T&G Ceilings?????

Does anyone know the Florida Building Codes well enough to know if you put up tongue & groove pine panelling for the ceiling, do you need a layer of sheet rock on top to be a fire barrier or can you fasten the T&G directly to the joists? Or maybe just a dust barrier sheet and then the T&G? Trying to muddle thru the Florida Building Code and can't find anything specific to that.
http://www2.iccsafe.org/states/Florida2007FinalDraft/residential/Residential07_Frameset.htm
Thanks!!!
On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 10:08:14 -0700 (PDT), infiniteMPG

If this is not the ceiling of a garage with living space above or some kind of multifamily building, you do not need fire separation.

Good to hear. Would there be any restrictions on what type of sheeting we put between the T&G and the joists if we wanted to create a good barrier for air and dust? Was thinking of heavy poly sheeting or maybe even roofing paper but not sure if that's wise on the interior.
THANKS!!!
On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:39:03 -0700 (PDT), infiniteMPG

There are other considerations beyond fire rating. What are you doing for a vapor barrier? Tyvec may be an answer
Just as an update, we tore the whole dropped ceiling out Saturday, then stared at it Sunday and decided that T&G would end up being about $750 in just materials and sheet rock was about $60 (and half the kitchen was not drop ceiling so was already done) and we back away from the T&G idea and actually got all the sheet rock up for the new ceiling Sunday. Appreciate the help!!!

Possibly your best source for sound council is your local building inspection people. They know the codes, the local variations, best practices and have seen many of the pitfalls that DIYers get themselves into. Give them a call,; you'll be glad you did.
Joe