floor jack problem

Hello, I apologize in advance if this is an irrelevant subject for these groups, but it's the most relevant I can find.
I recently purchased a cornwell hydraulic floor jack. Within the first few times of using it, the jack slipped off the vehicle and the vehical slammed onto the jack. Ever since, the jack makes a loud squeaking noise when I lift/lower a load.
Any ideas what broke? Thanks.
Mike
I did not inspect the jack yet. Yes, I always use jack stands and never rely on just a jack. I was hoping it was nothing with the hydraulic system. I didn't think so since squeaks are mostly mechanical noises.
Thanks. Mike
wrote:

few
slammed