floor foating costs

We have a 30 yr old home with a concrete foundation. We are getting rid of all carpet and replacing with tile (mostly 16 inch) and hardwood. What is the approximate cost of floating the floor per bag of floating material? What kind of price should we pay a contractor for this service?
What should be the cost to float a slab foundation before laying tile? Cost per bag of floating material?
What size bag? What material? (gyp based, portland based, vinyl based)
How long to mix? How long to lay down? How long to finish? How long to dry? How thick is the installation?
If you are planning ceramic and your floor is stiff enough (big issue), you may be ahead to consider capping the subfloor with cement board (Durock) bedded in thinset.
It sounds as if you need to go to a real tile store or solicit a bid/ information from a floor installer.

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (terryd) wrote in message

Ask at your local lumber yard for cost per bag. Get a few bids from contractors as to cost to float it. If you are going to DIY, the cost to float is cost/bag x number of bags plus your time. Coverage will be on the bag, again ask at the lumber yard.
Harry K