Floodlights the light up facade of house

Hi,
I've been uable to find essential information about floodlights designed to elluminate your house at night from below. This is a modest stone two story house.
1. What's the required wattage per light to make it worthwhile? (Solar out?) 2. How far from the house to put the lights? 3. Do the wires go ON the ground or IN the ground?
4. Can you recommend a good package?
Thank you very much in advance!
Aaron
On Jun 16, 3:27?pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

try the low voltage malibu lights, connect them up temporarily in the daylight then move them around at nite for best coverage. experiment a bit. it can be fun. bring a friend for opinions.
I kinda enjoyed doing this at my other home, it had black areas even with a pole light. I used line voltage accent lights by steps and a flood bouncing off the porch cieling to elminate safety hazards. sad the new owners rarely turn them on. I had them on a timer then attached to the pole light sensor for auto dusk operation. I was proud it turned out well
On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 12:27:50 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Search for "lightscaping" less quotation...
-- Oren