Flex Pipe Over Stressed

We have an old house and the pipes for one of the wash basins persists in leaking. The two pipes don't quite line up and they're joined by a flex pipe. The problem is, even when my husband replaces it, the stress of having to make that hard bend causes the new flex pipe to split. I'd really appreciate any ideas you can offer.

Thanks a lot,

Trish.

Reply to
Trish

There are many different types of supply lines available today. Take a browse thru the aisle at Home depot, etc. The most robust have a stainless mesh outer covering over a flexible inner core. These can be bent like a pig's tail without breaking...

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Thanks a million, Speedy. You're word picture has to be worth at least 500 words! We're heading over to Home Depot now.

Trish

Reply to
Trish

Add pipe and fittings as required so the pipe is not stressed?

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman

Trish:

T > We have an old house and the pipes for one of the wash basins persists in T > leaking. The two pipes don't quite line up and they're joined by a flex T > pipe. The problem is, even when my husband replaces it, the stress of T > having to make that hard bend causes the new flex pipe to split. I'd reall

T > appreciate any ideas you can offer.

Probably too late for you but may be a worthwhile suggestion for someone else. We used flexpipe for the new toilet because the pipes no longer lined up. The proper short piece would have been a pain to install, mainly because of the shortness and the 'zig-zag' (the way the pipes now lined up). Got a much longer piece of flex pipe, tied it in a loose knot (mainly to hold the shape/position).

  • Not with a full deck: Brain like a hard drive with no read/write head.
Reply to
barry martin