Five dead in Xmas fire in CT

Page 2 of 2
On Wed, 28 Dec 2011 09:17:43 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

My ashes go into a metal container with a lid and it goes outside. Makes no sense what they did unless they figured they could close the damper. Sad tragedy over a dumb act.
Ed Pawlowski wrote in alt.home.repair:

Mine stay there that night then go in a plastic container with about 3 gallons of water (out on the porch). A separate container like it handles ash trays (sadly, we have not succeded yet in quitting).