finishing kitchen countertop

Hi there,

I've finished my new kitchen countertop using 12x12 tiles over hardibacker and plywood. I didn't think of one issue though: I have a slide-in range, and you can clearly see the edges of my countertop on either side of the range. ie you can see the layers of ply,hardi, thinset and tile.

What kinds of things can I do to help this edge look nice? About the only somewhat reasonable idea I can think of is to smooth out the edges as best possible and glue on some laminate.

thanks

Reply to
dogo_01

how'd you finish the other edges? do the same.

Reply to
Amos

Your solution is very simple. Measure the distance from the top of the stove top to the top of the new counter top. Cut two strips of wood 1/4 inch thicker than that measurement and the length it will take to reach from the front feet on the stove to past where the rear feet on the stove go. Stick down to the floor with adhesive (Liquid Nails)where the feet on the stove will sit on top of them when you slide it back into place.

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J

"Tom J" wrote

"It is the mark of an uneducated mind to be able to entertain a thought and accept it".

M.C. somewhere in Wa.

Reply to
Mike Columbo

I think that's the best solution...good idea.

The OP might even want to go a little higher...or HAFTA go a little higher...if he has an electric range where the top has to raise for cleaning. He might want the BASE of the range to be at the height of the countertop...witht the top free to be raised.

Have a nice week...

Trent

Trent©

Yes, I like the raised range idea.