Finger-Jointed Cedar Siding ?

Hello,
Anybody have any experience, good or bad, with finger-jointed horizontal clapboard Cedar siding ?
e.g., stuff last, joints become visible with time, etc.
Or, is it really "good" these days, what with gluing technology advances ?
Thanks, B.
Robert11 wrote:

I've never had finger-jointed exterior anything hold under any weather at all for any length of time. I'd avoid it like the plague whatever anybody else has to say, personally...
I agree fingerjoints are a place to fail

Robert11 wrote:

No experience with cedar siding, but I got some finger jointed brick mold that was hopeless crap; the different grains in the wood made many (not all) of the boards twist and warp like mad. To be fair, some mills may have better quality standards than others. Smaller trim moldings don't seem to be as bad based on the current stock at the borg. If you do buy the siding, it might be prudent to store it in approved fashion for some months before using. HTH
Joe