Filling In A Few Old Screw Holes In Wood Siding: What To Use ?

Hi,

Have a few screw 1/4" dia. approx. screw holes (screws long gone) in my wood siding.

What's a good product to fill them up with?

I remember small tubes of "Plastic Wood" Would this be the stuff to use, or is there something better now ?

Would have to be available in small tubes, as I onle a few holes to fill in.

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

Bob wrote the following:

They still make plastic wood. It comes in many wood colors if your siding is natural color. If painted, you can use any color, or even the auto body filler Bondo, and paint to match the color.

Reply to
willshak

Window putty is fine if you give it a chance to skin over before painting. Obviously, it is formulated for outdoor use. If you need something more robust, Bondo works but it may be too inconvenient for you.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

willshak wrote in news:ndmdnQCVmq8bvYLTnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@supernews.com:

Durham's Water Putty is good,too. You mix the powder with water,so there's no drying out during long-term storage. it dries rock hard,is drillable,,doesn't take a stain unless you mix it in with the water.

Note,if you make it a slurry,it's very moldable,takes all the detain of the container/mold.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Is the siding painted or stained? If painted, I'd just use outdoor-rated painter's caulk. Squeeze it in, then razor it off smooth after it dries. If stained, use a dowel to plug, in a wood that will take stain and come up the same color.

Reply to
aemeijers