Field mouse in toilet

Page 3 of 3
RickH wrote:

Consider yourself lucky. We were just starting to potty train one of our kids when, while I was at work, the lid was lifted to find a squirrel doing the breast stroke. By the time I hurried home the potty issue was taken care of in a different bathroom and the squirrel was in a clothes hamper with the top secured. After a trip to the vet our visitor was released and must have told the others about it because no other has ever tried it.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
why the vet?
After a trip to the vet our visitor was

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 17:54:51 -0400, "Joseph Meehan"

I've heard that squirrels can have rabies, but humans can't get rabies from a squirrel. Seems strange.
Maybe it's a different kind of rabies, or maybe.....
RickH wrote:

You might take a quick look around in the upstairs rooms along the baseboards, in the corners and behind the furniture to see if there has been any on going activity. Rodents don't have control of their bowel movements so there will be pellets along where they have traveled. I don't think a mouse would have the vertical leap(they jump several feet horizontally though) to get on the toilet seat but a baby rat would and I do see people get the two mixed up all the time. The mouse's ears and feet will be in proportion to the rest of the body where as a baby rat will have over sized feet and ears. (I contend Mickey Mouse is actually a rat). Also look above the toilet to make sure there isn't a missed opening that they may of jumped from.
Lar
Don't be so big headed as to think your house is mouse proof. It's not. He fell in there from inside. Mice can go anywhere.
steve

I put out some glue traps with a salty nut in the middle. No mice caught this morning, could not find any droppings anywhere. But I'll keep trying, I dont care if I get an occasional mouse if I can find the entry point and close it. The ear and claw proportions were normal so its not a rat. Will double check anywhere a hole may have been drilled in the house.