Field mouse in toilet

why didn't you just flush the toilet.??? JEEEEZZZZEEEEE....

steve

Reply to
Steve Barker

Not a good excuse; you can get shots.

Reply to
HeyBub

why the vet?

Steve Barker

AMEN, that's the bogus excuse a lot of people use for not having them.

steve

Reply to
Steve Barker

Not always. I get asthma from cats, and from nothing else. There are no shots that can help me. So I avoid cats completely.

Don (e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss

That is like getting a dog in NYC to protect you from burglars- with the out-of-pocket costs, not to mention the time, in taking care of the damn thing, you are better off dealing with the problem you were trying to cure, on your own.

Don't get me wrong, I like cats, but I am also allergic. No way would I go to the expense and health risks and general misery of the side effects from the shots, just to have one. And it is nice not having cat hair all over the place, the feeding and vet routines, not to mention that damn stinky litter box to look after. (I am out of the house 10 hours a day, so no way around that one...)

aem sends....

Reply to
aemeijers

"HeyBub" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com:

Errrr....fraid not!

Reply to
Al Bundy

He could have climbed up a wall or cabinet and fallen into the toilet.

Reply to
Art

"kpg*" wrote in news:Xns998C7A12295C7ipostthereforeiam@

69.28.186.120:

Yea thay certainly can jump!

Wonder if it was a hot day? Maybe just doing some dives off the tank for R&R, ya think?

Yea it's just an animal trying to instinctively survive. It doesn't give a rats-ass about any meaningless humans trying to survive any more than humans care about their meaningless asses.

I'd have cut him some slack. Not a radical though. I don't think head lice have rights :-)

Reply to
Al Bundy

willshak wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com:

Hmmm...Something that could actually win ahe rat-race ;-)

Reply to
Al Bundy

I think it should be awarded the Legion d'Honeur d'Mouse.

Reply to
mm

on 8/14/2007 7:22 PM Steve Barker said the following:

Some people are definitely allergic to cats. I have a Maine Coon cat (long hair). When ever my neighbor comes to our house, she begins to sneeze and her eyes tear (teer). If she is staying for a while, she has to take a Benedryl. I was diagnosed as allergic to cats, among other things, years ago. I've either grown out of it, or I have developed an immunity to them.

Reply to
willshak

Or you can shoot the cat.

Reply to
mm

I've heard that squirrels can have rabies, but humans can't get rabies from a squirrel. Seems strange.

Maybe it's a different kind of rabies, or maybe.....

Reply to
mm

'fraid so.

HeyBub

Oh, I agree some people are allergic. But there is a high success rate, given enough injections, in overcoming this malady.

Reply to
HeyBub

Except only the politically well-connected can get a pistol permit in NYC, so the only way you can deal with burglars on your own is to move to, say, Texas.

I understand. And I'm glad you said that these reasons were your own personal inclinations. To many, a pet is a member of the family and is every bit as deserving of attention and welfare as any other. Further, pets often earn their keep - as you pointed out with dogs and burglars and I've opined about cats and mice.

Reply to
HeyBub

I put out some glue traps with a salty nut in the middle. No mice caught this morning, could not find any droppings anywhere. But I'll keep trying, I dont care if I get an occasional mouse if I can find the entry point and close it. The ear and claw proportions were normal so its not a rat. Will double check anywhere a hole may have been drilled in the house.

Reply to
RickH

Al Bundy wrote in news:Xns998CEA3FEF14AAlBundy@

216.196.97.136:

Yeah - it needs to warm and furry. :)

Reply to
kpg*

"HeyBub" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com:

Well, not this "hunter" anyway. All my hunting happens at the meat counter.

I can't get close enough to them deer in the woods to hit them with a hammer. Know what I mean, Vern? :-)

Reply to
Al Bundy