Ferrules and stops for wire rope

To connect the two ends of a loop of wire, I bought a package containing 2 ferrules and 2 stops.
I know how to use the ferrules but how are the stops used?
Don't know about the rest of the readers, but I don't yet have a mental picture. Ferrules are for compression fittings for plumbing.
Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
To connect the two ends of a loop of wire, I bought a package containing 2 ferrules and 2 stops.
I know how to use the ferrules but how are the stops used?
On Apr 29, 12:22 am, "Stormin Mormon"

Most ferrules and stops are fitted by compression tools.
The purpose of stops is to prevent wire rope ends from fraying. They usually have a blind hole and are shorter than a ferrule. Ferrules usually have to be nipped twice, stop ends just once.

Ferrules are used to make an eye with two sections of line passing through the fitting. Stops are used to prevent the line from passing through an opening, only one section of the line passes through the fitting.

They package this stuff together because they are two inexpensive to sell one per bag, but that doesn't mean they are used together.