Fence building.

I want to make a 6' tall, wood fence, on 8' centers, using 4" x 4" wood posts.
When I attach the 2" x 4" horizontal members to the post, is it best to use lag bolts, decking screws or nails?
Thanks.
Lewis.
******
correct answer may vary with climate, winds, soil type. position with nails, secure with stainless steel deck screws unless you are in a dry climate use coated screws. lag bolts will add that strength you want. for climbing or high wind/hurricane area concerns and fence permit requirements you'll make sure the posts are sunk below the frost line with a bag or 2 of concrete per post or whatever is required in your climate and soil condition and town. good fences make good neighbors, go visit yours first after you take your property survey to the building inspector and he tells you how high and how far from the property line, how deep the posts, etc.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The fences I have seen all used nails for that part. Ring shank nails are the way to go and have incredible widthdrawal resistance. The wood will fail before that type of nail with come out. If you use an air nailer it is fast too.
Lawrence