Fein MultiMaster sanding pad attachment on HarborFreight MultiTool

OH NO!
Take that new velcro off immediately. As many here have insisted, you need to go out and buy a more expensive tool! Sticking a new piece of velcro on the old pad can't possibly work properly, and may even cause your entire family to die.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

While that may be true, one needs to ask oneself: "what have they done for me....lately?"
I'm a big fan of Harbor Freight for some things. I'm blessed with one about 3 miles down the road. My experience with their electric tools has not been good. However, when I was looking for cheap tools to carry in an emergency kit for my motorcycle, they were the place for cheap wrenches, screwdrivers, and impact sockets. I always get pneumatic stuff from them for next to nothing. Nobody makes a cheaper digital volt-ohm meter ($3) But I won't buy electric tools from them.
Jay
Add pictures here
✖
I've had great luck with their electric impact tools. I have one of their big breaker hammers that I've put a zillion hours on. Also a lowend hammerdrill that has done great so far (medium hours), and just got a demo hammer that works very well, but I don't know yet about durability. However, I tried a recip saw that was a POS.
bill

✖
On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 20:31:22 -0800 (PST), RicodJour

Well, when you start with an incorrect statement, it's not surprising that you end up with an incorrect conclusion. The Fein blades will not fit the HF tool. The Fein has a fancy quick release mount that doesn't require a deep offset for a bolt head, which is how blades and sanding pads are mounted to the HF tool.
Add pictures here
✖
On Dec 9, 9:10 am, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

You mean the new Fein tools have the quick release mount. The 636 - of which there are many many thousands of units out there, and the consumables and replacement parts for them are readily available - has the "old-fashioned" bolt mount. There are also other manufacturers - Bosch, Dremel, Rockwell, etc. Another H&L pad would probably fit, or be easily modified.
✖

Except, there isn't any replacement pad of any quality available. He tried to get a replacement HF pad, no luck. He tried to get a Dremel replacement pad, no luck.
Add pictures here
✖