fastening for durock

I've decided to go with durock for my tile shower. What kind of a pattern would you use for fastening?
I might think every 6 inches on the ceiling and every 8 inches on the walls.
What say you?
--
Cal

On Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 12:59:17 AM UTC-5, Cal Dershowitz wrote:

use non magnetic stainless screws. a buddy bought a new home, a few years later the tile began cracking.
turned out the scres were rusting out, the builder long out of business. changed names.
all the homes in that plan had to get their batrooms gutted
| I've decided to go with durock for my tile shower. What kind of a | pattern would you use for fastening? | | I might think every 6 inches on the ceiling and every 8 inches on the walls. | | What say you?
I think they suggest every 6 inches. Also, use the special screws for it. They're self-countersinking. And watch out for breaks. A screw driven in too far or too close to the edge can end up supporting nothing because it's broken up the board around it.
Don't put in screws near the floor if it's a stand-in shower. That would put holes in your pan sides.
On 11/02/2015 11:59 PM, Cal Dershowitz wrote:

What say the manufacturer installation sheet?

On 11/3/2015 12:59 AM, Cal Dershowitz wrote:

Isn't this peachy. You can find your way to a NG, but not to Google. Do you just like to see yourself type?
On 11/3/2015 3:15 PM, Sarg wrote:

Why would I ask google? Has google tiled a shower?
--
Cal

On 11/05/2015 07:07 PM, Cal Dershowitz wrote:

Google knows everything. DuckDuckGo.com is pretty damn smart too.
> Has google tiled a shower?
Manufacturers of quality building materials usually have best practices and installation instructions available on their web sites.