Fallen tree ripped service entrance off building

I bet that triplex will be fine. It is a special alloy that you can tow a truck with.

Reply to
gfretwell

depending on the triplex size..... 1000 lbs to 4000 lbs "rated strength" (whatever that is)

Reply to
DD_BobK

*I was thinking in terms of saving labor. I thought it would be easier to just cut off the old pipe and run 100 amp SE cable up instead of pulling out the wire from the pipe, connecting another pipe, and then pulling the wire back in again. If the SE cable got pulled away like the pipe did, it would be easier to push it back against the building.
Reply to
John Grabowski

That is OK if you have one of those PoCo crimping tools to make the splice but Polaris connectors would add another $100 to your project. RNC has all of the ease of SE/SER, it is a lot cheaper and he can use his existing wire.

Reply to
gfretwell

*The OP stated in an earlier post that he will be undoing the connections at the weatherhead to remove the existing pipe. Since he can kill the power himself, he does not need to buy expensive insulated connectors or an insulated crimper. You are correct that sliding a length of PVC down over the existing wires would be the cheapest way to go and a lot easier than working with rigid metal pipe. If the same accident happens again the PVC may break though. I suggest some extra straps just in case.
Reply to
John Grabowski