Fairly good recipe, easy :o)

1 can black bean soup (bought by mistake, but turned out well) 1 can red beans (for the black beans I thought I had purchased) 1 lg onion, diced 3/4 lb. boneless smoked pork chops (or ham) 1 clove garlic, shredded Mrs. Dash's Southwest Chipotle, to taste little bit of cumin...don't know how much is good :o)

Saute meat, onions, garlic until onions translucent. Toss in the beans and bean soup....simmer. Bean soup is just right to make it saucy. Serve over rice. I like corn with or in it :o)

I made some good meatless penne with veggies, too. Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in pan, stir in 2 Tbsp. flour, cook til bubbly. Stir in ?1 C. chicken broth or boullion, simmer til thickened and smoothe. Dump in cooked pasta and frozen veggies (I used an Italian blend), simmer til the veggies are done. Cheap, healthy (unless you are anti-carb) and inexpensive.

Love youse guys, Mama

Reply to
norminn