Exterior, which way to go?

I need to fix up the exterior of the house, the stucco on the most weather exposed side is cracking and there is moisture penetrating. I am in Northern Calif with hot summers, mild winters and most of the rainfall during the winter months. Which way to go: a new layer of stucco, a texcote application over repaired stucco, or vinyl siding? Advantages, dis- advanatages, pros, cons, most value for the money?

Whatever, vinyl siding is the worst possible choice imo...
Other choices depend on factors not specified -- age, overall condition of remaining surface, reason for the cracking, etc., etc., etc., ...
My recommendation would be to get good stucco guy out and talk over the situation. In that location, common finish so shouldn't be hard to get a competent tradesman (except for the time problem -- if he's good you'll probably have to wait a while).