Exterior Door Installation

I have some experience as a DIY'er installing pre-hung Masonite Interior doors in my home. I'm about to pursue an installation of exterior-type doors for my basement and a first floor bedroom. In addition to an alarm, I want these doors to be stronger and more secure to segment the basement and bedroom from the rest of the house to prevent break-ins. This is why I intend on a metal or solid wood exterior style with heavy-duty locks.
My question then is - Is there a different way of installing a heavier and/or more secure door than nailing pre-hung doors to the framing? Should I use screws instead, or install these somehow differently? Also, what would be the best lockset for security?
On a separate note...After seeing how doors are installed and framed, I'm beginning to believe that doors are not so secure anyway, even with a deadbolt. I could easily see two heavy men charging a door and smashing the deadbolt through the framing. What do you think?

doors
install 3" wood screws into top and middle hinge. (so it screws into the "jack" stud, not just the jamb).

any lock works locks are made to keep the honest people honest. criminals just break the glass. and cops just shoot their way in.

the
like I said any lock works locks are made to keep the honest people honest. criminals just break the glass. and cops just shoot their way in.
M.C. somewhere in Ca.

want
Should
I'm
Agreed. But I would like to slow them down until I can get to the nightstand.
I found a Stanley metal 6 panel door pre-hung in a metal frame at Home Depot for about $139. It has a lip around the metal frame that butts up against the jamb, then gets bolted all along the one side straight into the jambs. I also found some with a metal plate surrounding only the deadbolt, but I was not confident that this was secure enough as the full metal frame and the frame was not metal but wood. Is the metal framed pre-hung door with the lip what you were referring to? Id this door secure if I mount the lip with bolts into the jamb on the side that I'm trying to prevent entry from?
I did not buy my door yet because I still need to still take measurements. It appears as thought I will need to be quite exact, because if I'm off on the opening size by more than an inch, I think the lip will not sit flush against the stud and the door will just fall right through the opening. Otherwise, maybe I can slip in a stud to shrink the opening?

I'm
the
side
drilled