Evil Squirrel

I have a squirrel that has made a personal project of eating the trim around an exterior window. Apparently he likes the taste of latex painted wood. I'm up for any means to rid myself of the little beast, although firearms are probably out... Any easy suggestions?

Reply to
Kyle Boatright

Kill it or relocate it.

The medium sized live critter trap loaded with peanuts will usually do either job.

Use salted nuts to kill and unsalted to relocate. :):):)

Haul the sucker at least 3 miles away before you release it.

If you catch the next door cat act humble and release it. It won't come back any time soon.

At least that was my experience.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

That was one helluva curious cat if it was drawn into a trap with peanuts.........

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

Try a little cayenne pepper on that trim.

My grandfathers favorite past time was tormenting squirrels. Most involved either oil, grease or some sticky crap that he would put on a bird feeder that the squirrel kept raiding. That sticky stuff drove the squirrels nuts and they would spend hours and hours trying to clean it off their feet.

Randy

RSMEINER
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

An old spray bottle.

Add a bottle of Tabasco.

Fill with water.

Spray on the window trim until wet.

**WEAR EYE PROTECTION**

End of problem.

John

Reply to
John‰]

True story.

The squirrel got the peanuts without tripping the trap when they were loose in the cage. I suspended them in a cut off section of panty hose. Don't know if it was the smell or the motion that attracted.

Shame on you for what you were thinking. It was the toe section. :)

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

...LOL...

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

Pellet gun. End of problem. Have some fun too!

Reply to
3rd eye

I have a squirrel that has made a personal project of eating the trim around

He is likely not liking latex - he is thinking about winter, and wants

*inside* your wall. Get him now, before he progresses further. Try a .22 pump pellet rifle with 6-10 pumps. And try to miss your window.
Reply to
Roger

put mirrored film on that window or just a mirror propped up inside it. squirrel will probably jump off that window sill faster than it jumps onto it.

Reply to
bumtracks

They may be trying to get inside to make a home. Of course why is not all that important.

I suspect trapping is going to be the answer. However you can try products like:

This is not the one I tried, with some success, but I'll bet it is much the same thing.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I had a squirrel doing that but he was eating holes in the house to get back in. I would seal a hole he would start a new one. Trap and take him miles away, he is a pest. He may be living in your house look everywhere for holes, even behind gutters.

Reply to
m Ransley

Your squirrel wont give up. Mine ate 7 holes before I caught him. I hope you don`t catch a skunk instead.

Reply to
m Ransley

lead paint

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

Chinese Hot Pepper Oil

Reply to
ClaudCar

They seem unable to keep away from bird feeders. Isn't there a way to use that as a squirrel trap?

Reply to
PaPaPeng

Droll Yankee makes an anti-squirrel feeder called the Yankee Flipper, that purports to sling the squirrel off the perch while trying to feed. It is weight sensitive, and altho it doesn't trap squirrels, it pitches them. May be worth it for humor value, if it works.

Reply to
Roger

D-Con pellets, and by the way it'll kill rabbits, too (unintended consequence).

Bob

Reply to
rck

Mix some Rat Poison with Peanut Butter and put it where to squirrel is eating the wood. With any luck, you won't be bothered for long. Des

Reply to
Des Perado

Camel Toe???? section?

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply