Electrolux (Aereus) Central Vacuums??

Hi all,
We are in the market for a central vacuum. We have looked at a variety of models and were quite impressed with the Electrolux accessory kit (power heads, hose, etc). The power unit itself does not have all that impressive specs. The Electrolux also seems to be priced higher than some of the higher end competing brands (we have been quoted $1399 for the unit and all accessories, but not including installation). Anyone have experience with Electrolux CV's? Are they worth the extra expense?
TIA
Bart
Unless you are buying from an exclusive dealer, you can spec out different things. My system uses Nutone inlets and plastic pipe. The power unit is a Sears, from 1973. The main hose is Broan. I did it this way because when I bought the unit (self installed) the Sears represented a reasonable priced bagless system with very high sealed suction. I didn't like the Sears inlets and pipes because the inlet plates were very large and the piping was smaller diameter than Nutone. I did have to adapt it at the power unit. BTW, I still have the sears electric beater unit; I also have 2 others ... don't ask why!