electrical service monitor?

While sitting here with my new generator running I'm thinking about the power coming back. Currently the only way I know it is live is to throw the transfer switch. If its not there then I switch it back. But, in the mean time, all the other devices have stopped and must restart again which causes a large, albeit short, load.
Is anyone aware of a device or circuit that can bridge the main line feed on the service side of the main breaker that would glow/illuminate when energized? I remember similar circuits using neon bulbs that provided similar indication.
Suggestions please? Thanks.
Add pictures here
✖
Watch the neighbors house.
Ideally, a transfer switch would have a loud buzzer, wired to the line side. A good electrician can wire a neon bulb, easy enough.
While sitting here with my new generator running I'm thinking about the power coming back. Currently the only way I know it is live is to throw the transfer switch. If its not there then I switch it back. But, in the mean time, all the other devices have stopped and must restart again which causes a large, albeit short, load.
Is anyone aware of a device or circuit that can bridge the main line feed on the service side of the main breaker that would glow/illuminate when energized? I remember similar circuits using neon bulbs that provided similar indication.
Suggestions please? Thanks.
Add pictures here
✖

Such a thing is called a "lamp" or a "Bell". Connect it to the incoming line, and switch when you see the light or hear the sound......
Add pictures here
✖

If you have one of those digital meters, go look at it. If you see numbers, the power is on
Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 29, 6:12 pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I just look out the window at some neighbors house who don't have a generator. When their lights go on, I know power is back on.
Add pictures here
✖