electrical question

I would use "spec grade" wherever you find yourself plugging and unplugging appliances frequently.

I just went back and reread your post and originally read "bathroom" where you really said "bedroom." So my comment about the GFCI does not apply, and my other comment about frequent usage may not either.

If your bathroom does not have a GFCI receptacle, you likely have a GFCI breaker feeding that circuit in your breaker panel. '88 should be more than new enough that that was a requirement back then.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

[snip]

Originally, this box just held a switch for the attic light. Since this box is located almost directly above the panel, there were 2 pieces of Romex present.

Then, a previous owner has an outside receptacle added. This was wired to this switch box.

Finally, the new neighbor added some wiring in the room below (a garage converted to a room), and ran this to that box. He changed the box to a 2-gang one and put in a receptacle there, and used it to join all those wires (instead of going out and looking for a couple of big wire nuts).

Reply to
Mark Lloyd