Electrical Panel Wall Safe

This product will give P.L.L.C.F. and other anti-Constitution and Bill of Rights types life threatening seizures. I think it's very cool. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Ah, there's money to be made on paranoia - but shouldn't it at least look as if it might pass the National Electrical Code?

Tomsic

Reply to
Tomsic

oh great now scrappers and thieves will be attempting to steal main service panels.......

this is not a new idea it began with fake receptables

smashing them can cause fires besides doing lots of costly damage

Reply to
bob haller

panels.......

Just how long do you think a scrapper or thief will live if they break into the home of someone who owns such a safe. Someone who believes in the right to defend themselves will have more than one weapon stashed around the house. If some Honky broke into my home and I had a gun, I wouldn't hesitate to ventilate the stupid Cracker. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

You should see some of the hidden cameras I've installed for "cautious" folks. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

if someone believes in the right to defend themselves and has a gun, why would they need such a safe?

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Very clever. A variation would be a small panel with six circuit breakers a ll flipped to on. Turning some off in a certain pattern (which you can set yourself)would open the panel to the storage area behind. For example, you may have the pattern On-Off-Off-On-Off-On as your "code" to open. This coul d work mechanically by control rods hooked to the breakers or you could use the circuit breakers as two-way switches which power solenoids to unlock o r lock the front panel.

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314

Very clever. A variation would be a small panel with six circuit breakers all flipped to on. Turning some off in a certain pattern (which you can set yourself)would open the panel to the storage area behind. For example, you may have the pattern On-Off-Off-On-Off-On as your "code" to open. This could work mechanically by control rods hooked to the breakers or you could use the circuit breakers as two-way switches which power solenoids to unlock or lock the front panel.

Paul

I like that idea. Having it electrically functional helps the disguise.

Tomsic

Reply to
Tomsic

Unless the power is out and someone is trying to kick in the door. Just my .02

Reply to
NamPhong

Generally things with locks only keep the honest people away. But, having a gun would tend to keep the Democrats away too.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Well, that is if you're home, and if you're awake?

Just how long do you think a scrapper or thief will live if they break into the home of someone who owns such a safe. Someone who believes in the right to defend themselves will have more than one weapon stashed around the house. If some Honky broke into my home and I had a gun, I wouldn't hesitate to ventilate the stupid Cracker. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I don't have to worry about being asleep. Sandy, my attack Rotthuahua, will let me know if someone is at the door or anywhere outside the house. I was dead asleep this afternoon when my roommate came in from out of town and Sandy who had burrowed under the blanket with me, sounded the alarm letting the intruder know he was in mortal danger. There was a fast moving thunderstorm that came through this afternoon and Sandy told it to shut up when it thundered. I don't let her in my lap when I'm typing so she's happy to burrow under the big comforter on the floor next to me, it's her personal blanket. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Hide in plain sight is the rule, not the exception. A couple of rare earth magnets will do a marvelous job of holding a Glock pistol to the underside if a dining, end, coffee or sofa table. I bought a pack of two for about $4.25 and each one holds 8 lbs. A Glock 30, fully loaded with "garbage can lids" weighs a LOT less than 3 lbs. What self respecting thief is going to look at the underside of a table?

Got a shop or garage? Cut the bottom out of a 5 gallon pail of dry wall compound, install with epoxy and caulk a new, false bottom about 2½ inches from the actual bottom of the pail and then refill the bucket with dry wall compound about 2" above that new false bottom and let it harden before adding the rest of the joint compound and resealing the bucket.

If somebody comes in and steals that, well they probably need whatever you've hidden beneath that bucket more than you do.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused