Electrical outlet

I have a series of 15 amp regular household outlets that are not working. replaced all of them when the trouble started. still not working. The audible electric sensor/tester that I use goes off when the breaker is on and the tester is held to the outlet, but it has a lower volume than it does when I hold it to a good outlet. What can I check next, before going to an electrician?
--
Steve & Lauri Bliss
San Antonio, Texas

outlet. If not, is there voltage at the load side of the breaker? etc. etc. Somewhere you will find there is voltage on one side and no (or reduced) voltage on the other side. You have found your problem.
Likely a loose connection at the first bad or last good (or breaker box) outlet in the series.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
I went up to the attic & found the romex that goes into the wall at the point of one of the outlets. My electric sensor found power....

There is still a question what you sensor is sensing. If it is what I think it is, it only is telling you that you have a hot wire connected to the circuit. As you know you need both the hot and neutral wires connected to have a useful circuit. The problem could well be a bad neutral (the white wire) It could be anywhere from the breaker box to the first non-working outlet.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Do they have a common neutral connection? They might be getting current but have no way to dump it after use.
They were working fine, then one day they weren't, so I don't think that would be it. When I replaced them, I did so one wire at a time (trying to be as safe as possible for a non-electrician)

Steven Bliss wrote:

Try turning on some light switches near the outlet your checking.
Rich
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"