Electrical Meter on Street Light Pole

Every house has an electrical meter. So why did the electric company install one on a light pole?
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@nvtel.net wrote:

Most of the time I see them they are monitoring the power consumed by cable television distribution equipment.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
John McGaw wrote:

CATV power supplies, or sometimes feeding traffic signal controls, possibly sewer pumping stations.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@nvtel.net wrote:

Why would they bother to put up a meter, read it, and send a bill for a constant load?
Both the city and the power company know how much power a street light uses. The power company charges the city an annual fee per street light.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 8, 7:03 pm, snipped-for-privacy@nvtel.net wrote:

On a rare occasion, if the site is at the border of two electric companies that have a large price differential, a consumer might do that to put the point of service (the meter) inside of one territory and then a line into the house (or whatever) that in the other territory. But it's pretty rare.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 8, 7:03�pm, snipped-for-privacy@nvtel.net wrote:

perhaps it goes to a underground feed, to things like a sewage lift pump?
we have one of those in our neighborhood. just a manhole and a pole.
made me curious too....
Add pictures here
✖