electrical

Page 2 of 2
I would not dare to argue with an inspector any questions of their own competence ;-)
The concern was actually not for the receptacle but for the 15A plug and device that is experiencing 17A without the protection of the breaker.
But mostly I wanted to hear what the OPs inspector was concerned about. Especially since not all inspectors are supreem experts.
RickR