Electric nailer

I have been wanting a nailer for home use, but do not really care for a pneumatic one since I would need to drag a hose and compressor around. I have seen some electric brad nailers, which handle different lengths of nails, for decent prices. What are the differences between an electric and pneumatic nailer?
Thanks
Unless you spend $200 + I don't think you would be happy. Dewalt makes a rechargable one that works well for $300.00
On the other hand you can buy a decent air brad nailer at HF for $19.99
cm

SBH wrote:

The biggest difference is the pneumatic one will work the electric one will on some very light work (that you could do with an 8 ounce hammer and nail set). If you have a compressor get the air nailer if not weigh what it would cost to get a good enough electric one to do what you want to do verses getting a compressor and a decent nailer, compressors are a very handy thing to have if you do much of anything around the house?
Rich
SBH wrote:

Check out the Paslode
http://www.paslode.com/products /
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

The pneumatic will work, the electric is junk. Save a trip to the store. Find out the price of the electric, then just flush that amount of money down the toilet.

For one thing, the pneumatic nailers actually work.
--
For every complicated, difficult problem, there is a simple, easy
solution that does not work.

The electric ones don't work well. You are better off with a hammer and nail set--no jambs, no cords, no expensive nails to buy, and it's less than $600 unless you're the government. A pneumatic nailer will work well with the smallest compressor, or even a portable tank.