Electric chainsaws

Page 2 of 2
On Wednesday, September 7, 2016 at 3:47:47 PM UTC-4, Don Wiss wrote:

"Hey mate, did you bring any duct tape?"
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/10/02/1412248565705_wps_28_The_moment_police_used_a_.jpg
DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

What, they couldn't force a lock on a storm door?
--
Tekkie

in message says...

reviews. I don't want battery, can't use gas at this location. Anyone used either of these or know another one in the $120 or less range?

- Thanks JC & AZ. I went to HD, Lowes, Walmart - all of which advertised 18-inch corded units. What none of the said in the ad was that all were internet-order only. Just got back with the Sears Craftsman. I'll post the model later and how it works out after a couple of days of cutting.
Craftsman 34102 is the one I got and it worked great. I first cut up some dry timber 8-12-inch diameter that had been felled a year ago. Cutting was clean and quick - 5-10 sections per cut.
Also cut a 14-in dia palm trunk. Also did a good job, even with all the fibers clogging things up.
Only thing wrong with the manual is doesn't show how to take off the cover and replaced it. After spending a fair amount of time figuring it out on my own, I see that it's simple to do. Good procedure would have helped. I had to clean out the fibers after each cut and it took me some time to figure out how to do it. Otherwise an excellent manual - written in "real" English with good illustrations. I like the "real" safety and operation tips it has and not just the usual disclaimers and legal crap.
Website has some videos of the using the saw http://www.sears.com/craftsman-electric-chainsaw-18inch/p-07134120000P
My... my extension cords were all 16AWG, too small for this 15A unit. Probably would have been fine for the little I was doing, but found a 50-ft 12AWG cord at Harbor Freight on sale for $18 less 20%. Imprint on cords says UL listed -- I have to believe it although I wonder how much of their stock is labeled properly.