Efflorescence

I looked at a plaster wall today that had that crumbly, powdery white stuff on it in patches, about 2 feet off the floor, and about 4 feet wide. It's poofy and if you touch it, it powders and falls off.
They said they had fixed the water leak so now all I have to do is fix the powdery stuff. Any suggestions?
charles
Charles Bishop wrote:

Drywall or real plaster? In either case you take out the area that has been damaged and replace it. You can't just surface treat it.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math