Easy to clean back wall?

As you may be able to tell, I have a new burst of energy, and there are a lot of chores and questions that go with them that have piled up that I'm trying to get done before I slow down again. :)
The painted sheetrock wall behind my sink and my stove get spotted or dirty of course.
How do you guys make that easy to clean?
For all three options below, I'm concerned that even with tri-sodium phosphate, I won't be able to clean the wall enough to make the paint or glue or wallpaper stick.
1) Will glossy white paint be easy to wipe off?
2) Can I find plain white formica, with no backing, and glue that on, or one with a thin backing that I can nail on or hold on with brackets or quarter-round? (The kitchen counter is being removed and replaced at the same time.) The wall arcs a bit, and is not perfectly straight horizontally. AFAIK, vertically it is straight.
3) What about vinyl-based wallpaper? I forget what it is called but "Sanitas" was the brand that was sold in 1947**. Now I think most companies sell some of this stuff.
**My mother thought my older brother (7) or I (new-born) would make our bedroom walls dirty and uncleanable without it. Maybe we would have. ;)
Meirman
If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.
meirman wrote:

Put a sheet of stainless steel on the wall.
--
dadiOH

tile them