Easiest way to drain a pool (no, there isn't a pool drain)

Page 2 of 2
On 5/3/2012 6:57 PM, Bill Hall wrote:

That looks pretty cool. I might be looking into one of those. How much water does it leave in the bottom?
Assuming (which it won't be ) that the pool bottom is fairly flat; the pump will continue to suck down to about 1.5 inches of water .That is PDG for draining :>)
Bill
"gonjah" <gonjah.net> wrote in message

On Thu, 3 May 2012 23:07:25 +0000 (UTC), "Arklin K."

A sharp knife would work.
If the circulator pump works, can you use backwash? That's what my parents did, the one time they wanted to drain the pool.
Years ago, I built a sump pump and discharge hose. With a cheapie from Harbor Freight, you might be able to make such a rig for under fifty bucks. Sixty, maybe.
What's the easiest way to drain a pool at low cost?
I have a swamp that I need to drain and refill. It's a pain siphoning with a garden hose. I have a pool vacuum hose (1.5 inches in diameter) but it's hard to suction by mouth.
Any way to cheaply generate suction on a 1.5 inch vacuum hose?
On Thu, 03 May 2012 21:59:49 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

It's a filter so it has no backwash.
The siphon method suggested worked though.
It's draining as we speak.
http://picturepush.com/public/8181001

Dunk the entire thing under water, get all the air out, and plug the end. After you move the end to where you want it, unplug the end and the siphon will start.
On Thu, 03 May 2012 23:25:40 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

That's the technique that worked!
http://picturepush.com/public/8181001

If an above-ground pool, .45 auto dbl stack.
If in-ground pool, offer its use to local skakeboarders if they will drain it. Hell, they'll even use sponges to get the last drop out. Then use .45 auto dbl stack to rid yerself of skateboarders. ;)
nb
--
vi --the heart of evil!
"Avenge me!" --Bill Burr
On 5/4/2012 11:35 AM, notbob wrote:

You know, I laughed out loud. Best post, all week.

If an above-ground pool, .45 auto dbl stack.
If in-ground pool, offer its use to local skakeboarders if they will drain it. Hell, they'll even use sponges to get the last drop out. Then use .45 auto dbl stack to rid yerself of skateboarders. ;)
nb
--
vi --the heart of evil!
"Avenge me!" --Bill Burr
On Fri, 04 May 2012 16:54:41 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

What's a .45 auto double stack?
Arklin K. wrote:

It's a .45 automatic designed to take a double column of cartridges in the magazine. A normal .45 1911 magazine hold seven rounds; a "double stack" can hold ten, thirteen, or even more depending on the manufacturer.
Personally, I don't know why a person would want one. I don't think that, in over 100 years of experience, there has ever been anyone hit by a .45 bullet that wasn't - at the least - a stretcher case.
The .45 has unrivaled knock-down power.
On 5/5/2012 9:39 AM, HeyBub wrote:

I don't think Arklin has been introduced to:
https://www.google.com /
;-)

The problem is that you may have more than 7 tangos to hit at one time. If you have more than 12 you really are up the creek.
I'm looking at getting a High Power chambered in a .40S&W. The caliber starts with .4 and I like the High Power, particularly after the magazine well lockout is removed