Easiest way to drain a pool (no, there isn't a pool drain)

If an above-ground pool, .45 auto dbl stack.

If in-ground pool, offer its use to local skakeboarders if they will drain it. Hell, they'll even use sponges to get the last drop out. Then use .45 auto dbl stack to rid yerself of skateboarders. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

now TMML!

Reply to
Duesenberg

in some jurisdictions, that's illegal. hope you're doing it at night, or during a heavy rainstorm.

Reply to
chaniarts

I don't know if it's illegal - but it's just water.

You could drink it (if you wanted to).

Sure, it has algae in it - but they're natural.

Anyway, there's no way the neighbors can miss it with the hose coursing out to the front yard to the sidewalk ... so ... if anyone driving by or walking by has a problem with it - I'm sure they'll knock on my door.

Reply to
Arklin K.

in the places it's illegal, you can't dump anything into the storm drains, including flushing pools. it's a pretty big fine in those places. i used to live in a city like that.

Reply to
chaniarts

What's so bad about pool water?

It has no chlorine in it (based on my tests and those from Leslies).

You could drink it if you wanted to and it wouldn't hurt you (I don't use boron).

So why would it be illegal to water the street? It gets wet every time it rains? I don't get it (obviously I'm missing something).

Reply to
Arklin K.

it's the 30-40k gallons of water into the storm drains at once. that water has to go someplace, and some cities don't want home owners to dump things in there. it's sized for rainwater, not people emptying pools.

Reply to
chaniarts

Where do you live?

Reply to
gonjah

"Arklin K." wrote

Common sense. No matter how much you have, it is not a match for the government bureaucrat that has none. And he wrote the regulations.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You know, I laughed out loud. Best post, all week.

.

If an above-ground pool, .45 auto dbl stack.

If in-ground pool, offer its use to local skakeboarders if they will drain it. Hell, they'll even use sponges to get the last drop out. Then use .45 auto dbl stack to rid yerself of skateboarders. ;)

nb

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

What's a .45 auto double stack?

Reply to
Arklin K.

It's a .45 automatic designed to take a double column of cartridges in the magazine. A normal .45 1911 magazine hold seven rounds; a "double stack" can hold ten, thirteen, or even more depending on the manufacturer.

Personally, I don't know why a person would want one. I don't think that, in over 100 years of experience, there has ever been anyone hit by a .45 bullet that wasn't - at the least - a stretcher case.

The .45 has unrivaled knock-down power.

Reply to
HeyBub

I don't think Arklin has been introduced to:

;-)

Reply to
gonjah

The problem is that you may have more than 7 tangos to hit at one time. If you have more than 12 you really are up the creek.

I'm looking at getting a High Power chambered in a .40S&W. The caliber starts with .4 and I like the High Power, particularly after the magazine well lockout is removed

Reply to
Attila.Iskander