DWV elbow types???

Dear Readers, Can anyone explain (or forward a faq) where I can find out more about the intended use of the following type of elbow fittings:
1. 90deg Street Elbow 2. 90deg Street Closet Elbow 2. 90deg Closet Elbow 3. 90deg Long Turn Elbow 4. 90deg Long Turn Street Elbow
I saw these variations on a manufacturer's catalog (http:// www.nibco.com/assets/plasticfit.pdf) and am curious to learn more about them all. Specifically, is the term "street" when the fitting is male/female? Is there a special use for a "long turn" elbow?
Thanks, -Theodore.
Add pictures here
✖
On May 26, 1:09 am, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Yes, street has one male and one female side. l Long turn are used for drain portion for good flow and ease of snaking. Closet elbows are for toilets.
Add pictures here
✖
I'm not sure about closet elbows.
You're right, that a "streeter" has male and female ends. Long turn means a more gentle arc. Since it's not slamming the water from one directon to another, it produces much less resistance to the flow of water. I use long turn / radius whenever possible.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I don't see long turn elbows explicitly called out in the building code. I am assuming it is acceptable practice to use for toilet waste piping?
Add pictures here
✖
I've never read the plumbing code, but common sense says that long radius is less resistance to the flow of fluids. Or solids.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Others have answered about the meaning of "Street" here. As for long turn 90s, they are required by the plumbing code (UPC) for drains whenever the outlet of a 90 is horizontal. So if you use a 90 to take a drain from vertical to horiztontal, or from horizontal to horizontal, you need a long turn 90. To take a drain from horizontal to vertical, you can use a regular 90 (not a vent 90). Of course "horizontal" here really means sloped at 2% or more to provide drainage.
Cheers, Wayne
Add pictures here
✖