Dutch white clover

I have a large grassy area in back of my house that measures around 2000 square feet. It's just a collection of grasses, weeds, crab grass and bald spots - not much to look at. I just mow it down every two weeks during the growing season. Anyway, someone suggested to me to replace it with Dutch white clover. I bought a bag of seed at the local farm supply store. After reading the seeding directions, I'm not sure how it would work best in my case. Do I need to till the present grass first or can I just scatter the clover seed over what I already have? I heard that the clover will eventually squeeze out the weeds and crab grass. BTW I live in Western Washington, where it is raining as usual today. Thanks for any advice.
tenplay wrote:

I would lightly rake the ground and then just spread the seed. You could also get a bale of straw and scatter that very thinly.
Be aware that clover will draw bees if you let it head. However it will much improve the ground for the grass.