ductwork question

I got a bid for a remodel of my basement. the contractor suggested moving the ductwork from the middle of the basement to the wall to save space (it has 7foothigh ceilings.) It would open the room more. this would mean that the ductwork would go at a 45 degree angle near the furnance, then to the run. Some of the ductwork going to the registers/returns would be changed from metal to flexible pipe.
Is there any schools of thought that would suggest NOT doing this? are there bad points/good points? $9k for the basement remodel, which includes two windows, framing, drywall, ductwork, and some electrical.
SeaKan wrote:

The good point is, it will give you more headroom and look nicer.
The bad point is that it will created more air resistance, especially on those flexible ducts.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit