drywall which got wet

Page 2 of 2
"David Nebenzahl" wrote

LOL! Pretty sure it was a gloss oil base we were covering. Painful job to do! I was about 11 at the time and not big enough for the heavier jobs yet so go that one.
Best I can recall there were 13 windows to deal with alone upstairs and not sure how many in the back of the basement. Took me about 1.5 hours of reasonably hard work per window to get it sanded down. (Mom flipped houses for a living then, not that that term existed then).
On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 16:53:13 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@mypacks.net wrote:

Replace the damaged drywall or damaged section of the wall. Cut along the middle of a stud to allow a ledge where you can fasten your drywall patch. Then it's mud & sand 3-6 times, prime, and paint. Use a work light against the wall to inspect your work before you prime, this may humble some.
On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 16:53:13 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@mypacks.net wrote:

If it isn't too bad you can probably light sand, two coat oil based prime it, spackle, prime again, then top coat. Probably. Is there any way you can post a picture somewhere? It's really tough to be definitive without more to go on.