Drywall Repair Question

I have two holes to fix in my ceiling, both are in the 1'x2' range. Plus, as an added bonus the ceiling is knowdown textured. I'll put up a couple of backing strips to give the drywall support. I will be using paper tape, not the fiber mesh. My question is: Should I overlap the tape at the corners of the repair?
Thanks,
John

dries. I try to scrape off excess ceiling texture about 1 to 1-1/2" from edge of existing hole before applying tape. - - - jjoy

the longest sides a bit long and then cut the shorter pieces to fit inside. It's a little easier to finish that way without humps. With texture, you'll never see the overlap. Hardest part will probably be matching the texture reasonably well.
Paul
Absolutely, good luck trying to match it up! You will probably have to redo the whole ceiling with knockdown to match it without seeing the seam. I've had no luck.
Dave