Dryer vent / Chimney sweep

Hello all, A couple of questions..

-1- I put in rigid pipe for dryer venting. Coming out of the wall into the garage where the pipe runs through to go outside, there is a space around the pipe. Is there some type of sleeve or flange that I could use to make the installation look cleaner. The gap is too big to use fireproof caulk.

-2- Looking for general cost for a chimney sweep in rhode island. no chimney, just a stainless flue up two stories.

Thanks for your time.

-Jack

Reply to
jack

no chimney,

You could buy a chimney brush and do it yourself for less than 1 chimney sweep visit. I use 1/2" white pvc pipe with appropriate fittings glued on for the screw together handles. It's a little stiffer than the commercial ones.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Dryer vent wont get hot enough to be a fire hazard. Use mortar or silicone caulk.

Chimney Sweep ??? why. You do not need one, relax.

Reply to
m Ransley