Dryer's replacement drum/drive belt has only 4 ribs - is that OK?

My Dryer's manufacturer (Kenmore) lists that belt as P/N 661570.
I needed to replace the old one (since it was cracked) so I purchased a new one on eBay. It came sealed in a bag manufactured by FSP. It has the exact same number (661570) but... unlike the older (cracked) one, it has only 4 ribs and measures only 1/4" wide.
The older one has 5 ribs and measures 5/16" wide.
Is this going to affect the machine in any way? Is it going to exert unnecessary load on the motor, for example?
Thanks, Sam
It could be that the original part was superseded by the one you received.
Assuming the ribs fit the ribs on the motor pulley, it should work fine. May or may not last as long.
Eric Law

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 10:23:30 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"

Hmmm. If a rib is missing, expect to find a female machine soon.