Dryer cu

I see that most washer cu is around 5 but dryer cu is around 7. If your washer is 5, would you benefit from a 7.3 instead of a 7?
On Sat, 8 May 2010 15:46:40 -0700 (PDT), metspitzer

Huh?
Gordon Shumway
Our Constitution needs to be used less as a shield for the guilty and more as a sword for the victim.

The washers I have looked at are 4-5 Cu ft. capacity The dryers are 7-7.3 cu ft.
My logic is if you have a 5 cu ft washer, what benefit would having a dryer any larger than 5 cu ft?
I don't understand why the average Cu Ft of dryers is larger.

You can put two loads of wash into one load in the dryer. Wash often has to be sorted by color, dryer loads do not. You also need space to tumble properly.

Haven't done a load of wash in a home laundry, have you? Stop and think for a minute why the dryers in a laundromat are so much bigger than the washing machines. Then it will come to you.
Joe
On Sat, 8 May 2010 19:55:45 -0700 (PDT), metspitzer

Given the same air-flow, a larger capacity dries clothes faster because there is more liquid-air surface area. A dryer needs more space to allow the clothes to fluff in warm dry air. I like the largest I can find with the fewest dials, knobs and features. A larger dryer is not necessarily more effecient than a smaller one, though.
Cu is an abbreviation for copper. Your post makes no sense.
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG
DanG wrote:

He means cubic foot. Perhaps he should have made his post a bit more understandable.
TDD

If he meant cubic feet, the abbreviation is CF.

Don't tell me, tell him. I had to think for a minute to figure out WTF the OP was writing about. *snicker*
TDD
On Sun, 9 May 2010 20:39:35 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net"

Really? I might have understood cu' -- but CF would have had me wondering if the dryer had Cystic Fibroses. . . or a Compact Flash. . . or if he was asking for a comparison. . .
I think if clarity was the OPs goal, writing "Cubic feet" would have been his best bet.
Jim

wlcm 2 txt gnrtn g8t huh c ya
I just replaced most of my light bulbs with CF, cubic feet.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus