Driveway solar-Powered Lights ?

And line voltage is the real answer when the typically low grade LV fixtures fail after a few years.

Reply to
Pete C.

junk is junk. The voltage doesn't matter, except that junk at high voltage will provide a more impressive light show as its connections corrode and the contact temperatures rise.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

True, however there are many junk LV landscape lights on the market and relatively few quality LV landscape lights. For the line voltage landscape lights there are few junk units and many quality units on the market.

Reply to
Pete C.

Lithium? They are Ni-Cads or NIMH. Construction is cheap but they do work as far as outlining the drive. Light output is about out half that of a candle. Full recharge can occur in one sunny day and they can stay lit as long as 15 hours

Reply to
tnom

Ah yes, thank you. I mis-remembered. I don't have to change them out that often so when I do, I just look at them and get more of same type.

Thats what we find. I like that we can just pull them out when cutting grass, trimming etc, then put'em back in. I'd say I get about equal to a candle in early evening? Enough to line a driveway and make a little light at the side of the house where the garbage cans are. By morning, they arent as bright.

I agree with the others that 'you get what you pay for'. If you are expecting a great deal of light and a metal post, these arent it. For 30$, we got 1 dozen lights. I believe 2 have broken since?

Reply to
cshenk

"Pete C." wrote

You get what you pay for. Most of the time. Outdoor low voltage lights are all over the map quality and price wise. The stuff available at the borgs is typically junk. I have a friend who owns a commercial lighting company. I got several dozen from him. They are metal cases. No plastic. They have

12v. bulbs like the automotive tail light bulbs. The others are halogen. They cost from $7 to $14 each at his price to me, which I believe to be just over cost, as I have seen the same units for $30 per in stores. They are five years old now, and still working fine. We live in a desert climate, so there is no rusting.

One CAN run 110v lights, it's just that they are very expensive to buy, install, maintain, and feed.

Reply to
Pittman Pirate