Drill Hole in Kitchen Sink ?

Wife selected new solid white American Standard "Americast" sink. Now the problem is that we need one more hole drilled for mounting faucets etc.

Anyone have any experience drilling holes in this particular sink..... easy, difficult, problems?

I am open to suggestions.

Reply to
grinder

call manufactuer and ask for instructions. its probably easiest to exchange sink or faucet or both

Reply to
hallerb

call manufactuer and ask for instructions. its probably easiest to exchange sink or faucet or both

Reply to
hallerb

From AS FAQ:

I purchased an Americast sink that did not have enough holes. Can I drill an extra hole?

We advise against drilling your Americast sink, because it will void the warranty. However, it can be done by following these simple steps:

  1. Cover area to be drilled with duct tape or masking tape.
  2. Using a diamond carbide drill bit, drill at slowest rate of speed.
  3. Apply at least two coats of anti-rust paint on all exposed metal.
Reply to
Paul Franklin