Drill Doctor Question

What's the smallest drill size that can be accurately sharpened on a Drill Doctor? It's the big one, but I don't recall the number. 750, IIRC.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I thought they claimed down to 1/16". A lot of people claim that no size can be accurately sharpened in a DD.

Reply to
Pete C.

Whatever can be held securely in the drill clamp.

Reply to
"Blattus Slaf

They claim 3/32". It'll do it but not very good. I've found 1/8" to be the practical smallest size to get a good edge.

To contradict Pete C's comment, I've recently bought one and have sharpened approximately 300 bits with it. I spot tested many bits by drilling into a steel plate before & after sharpening, and I think the DD does a darn good job of sharpening bits. Maybe not like a pro could do with professional equipment, but very good for a DIY person. And a hell of a lot better than having a drawer full of dull bits like I had.

KC

Reply to
KC

All of the DD units that we sell (the 300, 350X, 500X, and 750X) can go down to 3/32. The 750X will go up to 3/4 inch.

Reply to
Beach Trading Company

I bought one to lazy to go look what model it is Cost about $100. If you haven't bought one yet Don't expect to much scale of one to ten about a 6. But like me if you have a lot of old bits laying because just can't throw them away you will get a couple hours of fun sharpening them.

Reply to
Sacramento Dave