drianage water wiping out soil

Our back yard slopes down drain water and is along the "drain line" of the corn field it once was. We reclaimed the land and facilitated drainage with underground water pipes (2 ft diameter). Even so- during serious rains- there is water running over the surface and is washing off the lawn. I have tried to distribute the water by locating a flower bed in the 'path'. It helped - but not quite a lot. Any suggestions?

Reply to
urwelcome

Bring in some more dirt to redirect the water perhaps ??

Have you hugged your A/C Tech today ?

HVAC fella

Any farm boy can tell you that you need terraces. And your 2' drain pipes are real monsters, which leads to serious doubts about the competence of the engineering people who developed the site plan. You might want to consider getting better qualified talent to plan for long term surface water control. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

Terracing, rocks, plants, diversion channels of wood or rock or metal.

Dave says bring in dirt , isnt that what the rain is washing away, and so will Davy bois dirt.

Hey Duchebag Dave answer your BS statements on V.S. DC.

Reply to
m Ransley