draining water from dehumidifier into sump pump via hose

I attached a hose to the my 70 pint water container in my dehumidifier with opposite end of hose into the sump pump. Water continues to fill the water receptacle not draining into the sump pump. What am i missing?

Reply to
Guitarman1102

Some hose outlets are blocked, and need to be cut open. Mine was like that. Check to see if yours is like that.

Reply to
Bob Horvath

How about telling us the make and model number.

Don.

(e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss

Seriously? How about you RTFM? Sheeeesh!

Reply to
Putz

Since this is from Homeowners Hub, it's probably from 1958 or something like that. By now, those 70 pints per day have flooded the basement, and the OP has drowned in that basement.....

The OP asked "What am i missing?". He probably missed his own funeral, because his body got sucked into the sump pump and was discharged into a public storm sewer.

Reply to
Paintedcow

Does the hose pitch downhill to the sump pump? Have you tried unhooking the hose and see if water comes out? Those drains don't have a lot of height to work with and work via gravity.

Reply to
trader_4

...and drowned his gerbils! o_O

Reply to