Does electrical code care about the color of staples?

At a clearance sale I bought large containers of orange 1/2" staples and white 3/4" staples. Can I use them on anything they fit, or does code restrict them to 10 and 14 respectively? I mean, a 1/2" staple is a 1/2" staple, regardless of color.

First of all, even though there should be a consistent set of rules everywhere, you should still check your local ordinances. But, were you planning on having the work inspected? Colored staples sound like a good idea to me. Easier to see in dimly lit places, in case you need to yank them out later.
Toller wrote:

No of course not!
--
"you can lead them to LINUX
but you can\'t make them THINK"

More liberal hogwash.
Every staple has its place in the world, and it's determined by color. If you don't like this, tell the ACLU.